I wanted to share this recipe with you all. It’s fresh out of the oven and I love it, can’t get enough! The recipe is so simple, it just takes a bit of your ‘cooling’ time (I made them over two days) and it tastes amazing! Crunchy coconut and chewy almond, just too good! I’m eating one while writing this. It’s just the perfect healthy snack you have been looking for.
As the macaroons are already sweet enough I went for a really dark chocolate (100% cacao), with a touch of Sichuan pepper to lift the taste of it all and give it depth. I think a citrusy flavour would be awesome as well, lemon zest over the chocolate or in the mix.
I can’t take all the credit for this recipe, as it originally came from The Happy Pear. If you don’t know those lovely twins you have to check their website and youtube channel. They are really inspiring and full of energy.
Ingredients (about 15 macarons):
- 100 g desiccated coconut powder
- 70 g almond powder (preferably meal)
- 60 g coconut oil (warmed and liquid)
- 60 g maple syrup
- black chocolate (I used 100% cacao)
- Sichuan Pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 140° C
- Combine all ingredients until mixed well
- Form small ball between wet hands
- Place on a backing paper covered ovenproof tray
- Cook for 10-15 min, until light brown
- Leave to cool completely
- Melt the chocolat in a bain-marie with some Sichuan pepper to taste (I went with a pinch of ground pepper)
- Tap the macaroons into the molten chocolate and sprinkle so more Sichuan pepper on top (not too much it tastes strong)
I hope you’re going to enjoy that as much as I did!
Love to you all.