Breakfast is our favourite meal of the day, it gives you the energy you’ll need for the day plus its one of the first healthy habits that you can make! But healthy breakfast can often take time…which isn’t easy during the week.
So, recently we had the idea of making some heathy and nutritious breakfast cookies which include different textures and of course beneficial ingredients such as chia seeds and bananas, providing you with a variety of nutrients you’ll need to start your day and which you can keep in your fridge for several days. They only take 10min to do, plus you won’t even need to bake them in the oven. So ready, steady? GO! Try the recipe and you’ll have no more excuses to skip breakfast.
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs buckwheat groats
- Melt the chocolate chips.
- Add the mashed bananas into the chocolate and mix until combined.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until coated.
- With a spoon drop about 10 big or 15 small cookies onto a parchment paper (lined on a plate) and put in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- When firm up, your breakfast cookies are ready! Store them in a freezer for a couple of days.
Credits: Photo by Debora Abrami, Illustration by Linda Dieschbourg.