I must admit, it’s really tricky to experiment with vegan cooking. You never know if everything is going to turn out right, moist, fluffy, tasty as it should be. But it’s nice to find a recipe that makes you forget all that and go into a state of “OMG YUM” when you take the first bite into something that turned amazing.
Make sure to try these super dreamy blueberry muffins, from Baked Bree.
Technically we shouldn’t call these muffins, as we didn’t get to find any muffin tins at home, but I guess from seeing the picture, we could say it’s a cake-muffin hybrid.
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix well with a rubber spatula until well mixed.
- Fold in berries.
- Scoop into a muffin tin lined with 12 paper liners. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated 180 degree oven. The tops will be golden brown. Enjoy right away, these muffins are best eaten the day they are made!
Credits: Pictures by Linda Dieschbourg.