We know it, eating bread isn’t always the healthiest choice, it often contains gluten, it makes your belly bloat, its full of refined flour and we are never sure which one is the most appropriate and healthy. So we tried a new bread recipe which is one of the healthiest. It contains nuts, grains and superfood seeds such as chia AND it’s glutenfree! The preparation is made without any yeast but psyllium husk powder which you can find at Naturata and which is the key ingredient for this recipe as this holds the loaf together.
We love to enjoy this bread with some homemade hazelnut spread in the morning but it’s also super tasty with some smashed avocado, hummus or nut butter and banana!
The loaf is very consistent so it’s the perfect 5-minute meal. You can also freeze it and toast it afterward.
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup ground pumpkin seeds
- ½ + 1tbs rice flour (whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1,5 tbs psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pour all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add ¾ cup of cold water and stir the mixture together.
- Set the bowl aside for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
- Pour the mixture in a nonstick loaf pan and bake for approx. 40mn.
- Let cool completely before slicing.