I practice Kundalini Yoga since a few years. When I tried it for the first time I was surprised by the flowing energy in my body. I felt so conscious of what was going on inside of me. I felt at peace. Everything was flowing and yet quiet. It made me very curious and I wanted to learn more about this Yogi Tradition.
At the website of the Kundalini organization (www.3Ho.org = Healthy Happy Holy) you can read:
Kundalini Yoga is called the Yoga of Awareness. It is a dynamic, powerful tool that is designed to give you an experience of your soul. In Kundalini Yoga we harness the mental, physical, and nervous energies of the body and put them under the domain of the will, which is the instrument of the soul. This technology precisely and consciously combines breath, mudra, eye-focus, mantra, body locks, and postures to balance the glandular system, strengthen the nervous system, expand lung capacity, and purifiy the blood. It brings balance to the body, mind, and soul. Kundalini Yoga is a yoga for householders, for people who have to cope with the daily challenges and stresses of holding jobs, raising families, and managing businesses. It is a path for everyone who wants the skills to cope successfully with the challenges of our times.
In my words: it’s a very dynamic approach, you can breathe and move like crazy. Up and down, down and up, left to right, right to left …shake it…move it … get on a physical level, totally! Through the movements you open your joints, purify the blood and lungs and gain endurance. Everything you need in preparation for the following meditations. That’s the balance: movement followed by silence.
During the meditation you seek for the neutral, conscious mind – the universal mind – which accepts all that life delivers. You step out of the polarity, which our mind creates: negativity and pleasures. By being neutral – consciousness – can “kick in” and provides you with effortless intelligence, trust, love and wisdom. It is great to experience that!
Yogi Bhajan brought this technique to the western world. He believes
There are two ways of living in this world – the way of worry, and the way of relaxation. If you worry, you have to concentrate to imagine a result, but if you tune your mind to the universal mind, then things will come to you.
To speak from own experience it’s necessary to integrate the exercises in your daily life. At least every second day – move and meditate! As I grew up in a very unconscious family and surrounding I’d like to reprogram myself to a more conscious life. Kundalini Yoga is a great tool to do so! Just start and you will see J Life starts to push you forward!
Here is one of my favorite exercises. It helps at all times!
RELAXATION SERIES TO REMOVE NEGATIVITY & TENSION
- In an easy Pose, inhale for 5 seconds, exhale for 5 seconds, and pump stomach for 5 seconds. Continue for 5 minutes.
- Lying on back, raise hips ONLY off the ground, without using hands, keeping legs and back on the ground. Hold with long, deep breathing for 1-3 min. (For youthfulness.)
- On back, raise both legs 4-6 inches and hold with long, deep breathing for 1-3 minutes. “The whole body will salute you and you can digest anything.” All toxins will come out and it is good for the heart.
- Raise left leg up to 90°, keeping the rest of the body relaxed with long, deep breathing for 3 minutes. Cleans toxins and renews vigor.
- Raise head only, keeping the rest of the body relaxed, with long deep breathing for 3 minutes. Good for headaches.
- Make a pillow of the right arm and relax on the right side, raising the left leg as high as possible and hold with relaxed body for 3 minutes.
- Relax on the stomach for 1 minute. Good for the colon and eliminates toxins.
- Catch heels with hands and pull into buttocks without raising the body and hold with long, deep breathing 3 minutes.
- Raise upper body in Cobra with the support of the hands and hold with long, deep breathing for 3 minutes or as long as possible.
- In meditation pose, chant Ad Gurey Name, Jugad Gurey Name, Sat Gurey Name, Siri Guru Devi Name. For 5 minutes.
Set takes 26-31 minutes.
You’ll come out of it as fresh as from a sleep.
TENSION IS GOOD IF FOLLOWED BY RELAXATION.